As of March 15, 2019, Con-Edison will no longer be accepting applications for new natural gas connections in most of the Westchester service area (see service map) until they can align demand with available supply. The moratorium applies to:
- New residential, and commercial and industrial customer gas service connections.
- Incremental firm gas load on existing residential, and commercial and industrial customer gas accounts.
- New gas usage for heating, hot water, laundry, and cooking.
What are some alternatives way alternative ways to cook and heat your home or business?
- Go all electric: The easiest alternative to natural gas is electricity. Find equipment and appliances that run on electricity instead of natural gas.
- Geothermal Heat Pumps: Geothermal heating and cooling systems are the safest, cleanest, most reliable comfort systems you can invest in. These systems pump underground heat into buildings, heating your home with a fraction of the energy needed by an air-based system. Plus, they are the most eco-friendly alternatives to traditional HVAC systems. Learn More
- Invest in Green technology: NYSERDA has renewable energy incentives that can help you invest in green tech, like solar panels, that can offset the cost of electricity. The NY-Sun Initiative provides rebates and performance incentives for residential and commercial solar.
Looking to alternatives for your home or business? Contact A. Borrelli to discuss your options.