With advancements in equipment and systems, HVAC technology is evolving every year. As homeowners, you should be informed of all options available to you.
Here are some key trends and products to watch out for in 2019 and beyond.
- Smart Thermostats & Sensors - Smart thermostats can be remotely controlled by smartphone apps from anywhere in the world. They also allow you and your family to set schedules and follow your daily routines. Sensor-activated ventilation and motion-detection air conditioning systems are another big trend on the rise. These allow you to heat and cool only parts of house and building in use, cutting down on unnecessary costs and saving energy.
- Connectivity - The “smart home” technologies are revolutionizing the way we use home features by making them convenient, efficient and easy to use. Heating and cooling systems, lights, and appliances are becoming more and more interconnected. Homeowners can control all aspects of their home from just their smartphones or with voice commands.
- Real-Time Data - Automated heating, cooling and ventilation systems can monitor and adjust their levels to maximize efficiency. They can even alert the user when maintenance is needed.
- Geothermal Heat Pumps - New HVAC technologies are not only smarter, but also greener and more energy efficient. Geothermal heating and cooling systems are the safest, cleanest, most reliable comfort systems you can invest in. These systems pump underground heat into buildings, heating your home with a fraction of the energy needed by an air-based system.
- Smart Air Conditioners - Not only can you control the systems from your smartphones, they also connect with other smart home systems. For example, you can program your home to turn on AC, lower shades and turn off lights at specific times to achieve optimal cooling and efficiency.