It's important to keep your heating, ventilation, and air conditioning units (HVAC) in top shape, and regular service by fully licensed, insured technicians like the ones at A. Borrelli Residential and Commercial HVAC Services is critical. Schedule maintenance on your system at least two times a year – once in the autumn and again in the spring – so you'll be better prepared to face the cold of winter and the heat of summer.
Preventative maintenance is key to a healthy HVAC system, and to a comfortable, happy indoor environment. Here are five reasons you'll want to be sure to schedule regular service in your home or business:
- Save Energy – With the rising costs of energy, an HVAC unit running at peak efficiency can save you hundreds, if not thousands of dollars each year in gas and electricity bills. Using less energy is good for the environment, too.
- Save More Money – Reactive maintenance (only when it's needed) is a costly way to maintain your HVAC unit. Regular servicing can spot big problems while they are still small – it's easier to repair a small water leak in a unit than a flood on the floor of your home or office from a plugged condensate line or cracked overflow pan.
- Avoid Unnecessary Repairs – Your HVAC technician from A. Borrelli can suggest critical areas for maintenance long before those components are in danger of breaking down. Take care of multiple issues at once, and you'll have fewer visits from technicians disrupting your busy schedule or summer vacation.
- Keep Your Home and Business Safe – Old or poorly maintained HVAC units present a potential carbon monoxide hazard. Regular service ensures that any problems are detected and fixed long before they become a threat to your employees or family.
- Extend the Life of your Units – HVAC units are complex machines with many components. If one part is failing, it can place a strain on all the other parts, leading to greater wear and tear on otherwise healthy components. Your unit will last longer overall if you replace the worn-out parts as soon as possible.
Here's one more tip: keep a log of when your HVAC unit was last serviced, and include notes on what work was performed. Being familiar with your unit's history can better prepare you to identify future problems and assist your service technician in quickly diagnosing likely areas of trouble.
Looking for help with your HVAC systems? A member of the Better Business Bureau and the National Fire Protection Agency, A. Borrelli Residential and Commercial HVAC Services is ready 24/7 with reliable, professional technicians. Staying on top of regular HVAC maintenance is key to saving you money, time, and ensuring peace of mind. We can help!
With licensed, trained, and insured technicians in Westchester, Putnam, and Dutchess counties, as well as the New York City Metro Area, homeowners in the southeastern part of New York State can count on A. Borrelli to handle their heating, cooling, and plumbing needs expediently. At A. Borrelli in New York, we do HVAC and plumbing right, so call us at (914) 495-3030 today!